Knowledgeable Motorcycle Accident Lawyer serving Mississauga, Milton and the Greater Toronto Area
Unlike cars, trucks and other motor vehicles, motorcycles can expose their riders to serious or even life-threatening injuries if they are involved in an accident, especially those involving cars or trucks. Many motorcyclists involved in accidents suffer serious head injuries, back injuries or even fatal injuries.
If you or a family member suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle crash, the Law Office of Timothy H. Leigh-Bell can help you recover accident benefits which are available to you regardless of fault.
These benefits cover expenses to meet your immediate needs, including:
- Home attendant and nursing care
- Medical and rehabilitation care and services, including physiotherapy and other types of therapy, equipment and vocational training
- Home accessibility modifications and vehicle modifications
- Income replacement benefits if you are unable to work
- Non-earner benefits
- Housekeeping, home maintenance and caregiver expenses if your injuries are “catastrophic”
We will send a rehabilitation professional to meet you at the hospital or at your home to assess your needs and arrange for the services you need during your recovery.
Lawyer Tim Leigh-Bell has more than 30 years of experience helping accident victims and their families in the Greater Toronto Area. As a long time motorcyclist, he uses his legal experience and knowledge as a rider to help clients pursue maximum compensation. For more in-depth information, we invite you to visit our motorcycle accidents website.
If you were not at fault for your motorcycle accident, we can help you recover compensation from at-fault parties for:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses not covered by your own insurance
- Financial losses such as lost income and benefits, lost earning capacity and loss of opportunity
- Pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Compensation for family members affected by your injuries
We will review your case to determine liability and the extent of your injuries. When necessary, we will engage the assistance of professional experts such as accident reconstruction engineers, physicians, psychologists, occupational therapists or economists, among others, to aid in our investigation and serve as expert witnesses to prove your claim.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Our firm has experience handling motorcycle accidents involving:
- Rear-end collisions and side-swipe accidents
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Accidents caused by left-turning cars
- Dangerous road conditions
- Reckless driving by motorcyclists or other drivers
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Accidents caused by defective repairs
If you lost control of your own motorcycle or were the victim of a hit-and-run accident, you can still recover accident benefits and compensation through your own insurance policy. We will explore all your options to obtain the coverage to which you may be entitled.
Fractures/Multiple Injuries: $1,400,000.00 in Compensation and a New Life
CB was seriously injured when his motorcycle collided with a car that had turned left in front of him. He suffered a fractured pelvis and elbow as well as a ruptured spleen and ligament damage to his knee. Further complications developed including a hernia which required surgery. He was not entitled to Income Replacement benefits because he was recovering from a previous Worker’s Compensation injury at the time of the accident. Fortunately we were able to obtain enough in attendant care, housekeeping and care giver benefits from his own insurance company to allow his wife to stay home and care for him and support the family until the case was finally resolved. We were able to obtain a settlement of $1,400,000.00 which allowed the family to purchase a new home and an annuity to provide secure, tax free monthly income for life.
To learn more about our firm’s past success, please review our Success Stories page.
Did you or a family member suffer a Motorcycle Accident? Tim Leigh-Bell represents individuals throughout the Greater Toronto Area with offices in Mississauga and Milton
We seek to protect your rights and help you handle the stress of handling a motorcycle accident claim. To discuss your case with our experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, contact us at 1-800-797-6989 FREE for initial consultation.