Truck Accidents Are Likely to Cause Serious Injuries. Personal Injury Lawyer Tim Leigh-Bell Can Help.
Because of their large size, commercial trucks can cause some of the most severe injuries when they are involved in motor vehicle accidents. In addition to traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord injuries and other serious injuries, truck accident victims are unfortunately more likely to suffer fatal injuries or wrongful death due to the force with which the accident occurs.
At the Law Office of Timothy H. Leigh-Bell, we represent injured victims and their families who have suffered serious injuries in trucking accidents throughout the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). With more than 30 years of experience, lawyer Tim Leigh-Bell understands the complexities involved in such cases and works with you and insurance agencies to obtain the compensation you need.
Types of Truck Accidents
Truck drivers have the responsibility to exercise caution when traveling on highways or other public roadways. They must also take care to properly weigh and load trucks according to industry guidelines. Furthermore, because truck drivers often operate long hours, especially during the night, they must follow regulations governing hours of rest time to avoid falling asleep at the wheel. Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Negligent operation of the truck or reckless driving
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Improper maintenance leading to mechanical failure or tire blowouts
Pursuing Compensation for Truck Accident Victims
If you or a family member has been involved in a truck accident, we can help you recover accident benefits which are available to you regardless of fault. These benefits are used to meet your immediate needs, including:
- Home attendant and nursing care
- Medical and rehabilitation care and services, including physiotherapy and other types of therapy, rehabilitative equipment and vocational training
- Home accessibility modifications and vehicle modifications
- Income replacement benefits if you are unable to work
- Non-earner benefits for dependants
- Housekeeping, home maintenance and caregiver expenses if your injuries are “catastrophic”
We will send a rehabilitation professional to meet you at the hospital or at your home to assess your needs and arrange for the services you need during your recovery.
If you were not at fault and suffered injuries in a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation from at-fault parties for:
- Financial losses such as lost income and benefits, lost earning capacity and loss of opportunity
- Medical care, rehabilitation and other expenses not covered by your own insurance
- Pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Compensation for family members affected by your injuries
We will review your case in detail and explore all options to obtain the compensation to which you may be entitled. Our firm works with professional expert witnesses when necessary, such as accident reconstruction engineers and health care professionals, to determine liability and build the strongest claim possible.
To review our firm’s past success, please visit our Success Stories page.
Contact Lawyer Tim Leigh-Bell for Trucking Injuries in Mississauga, Milton and throughout the Greater Toronto Area
Truck traffic can be a major concern in a highly populated area like the GTA. If you or a loved one was injured because of truck driver negligence, we can help you seek the benefits you need. For more information, contact us at 1-800-797-6989 FREE to schedule a free initial consultation with our Mississauga truck accidents lawyer.